Tuesday, February 19, 2013

DT member Bio Terri

Hello again, my name is Terri Szymanski and I am honored to be apart of the Scrappy Chic design team. I am lucky to be a stay at home mom to our four year old daughter, Genevieve. I am married to a very wonderful and supportive husband, Steve. I have been married for almost 9 years. My hubby and I are both originally from Illinois but now call SE MI home. We lived in Texas for 6 years prior to moving here to MI.
 
My daughter is one of my loves and I really enjoy scrapbooking her. I have a great friend who has taken her photos the past 4 years and really showcases her fun personality.
 
I love to play in my scrapbook room when I’m not running around chasing an active 4 year old. I have been in the hobby for the past 13 years and started as a way to relax and get over being away from my family. I started scrapbooking when I lived in Atlanta and was dating my (now) husband who lived in Illinois. It has blossomed into a hobby (I mean obsession). I enjoy making 12x12 layouts, cards, and even fun little 3D projects.
 
I am a DEVOTED Cricut lover. I use my Cricut on most of my projects and I love to cut titles, mats, and embellishments. If I go to a crop I normally will have my mini and my Gypsy glued to my hand. I love to take a basic cut and jazz it up using stickles, gems, rhinestones, pens, glitter, or embossing. I own a Cuttlebug and lots of folders.
 
People often ask about my style of scrapbooking/ card making and I will say I do love to use new trends on pages, and I love to scrapbook from the heart. I will say my style has to be GIRLY. Bring on the bling, sparkle and bright fun girly colors!
 
I have really enjoyed scrapbooking and meeting fantastic ladies and a few gentleman who share the same love of the paper as I do.
 
Here are 5 fun facts about me:
1) I went to school for automotive and diesel technology.
2) I love going to drag races.
3) I've gone to the Covered Bridge Festival in Rockville Indiana for the past 12 years.
4) I love breakfast in bed.
5) I met Gerald Ford when he was President.

1 comment:

by belle said...

Great bio Terri! I am really looking forward to getting to know you better while working with you on the team!