Hi everyone, Michele here today…
I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. When I was younger I made all my cards. My aunt just gave me a card I made her when she had her first baby, that was over 35 years ago. I thought I was hot stuff using construction paper and markers. I also LOVE home décor and altered items! It was just a couple of years ago that I started doing layouts and minis. I also make jewelry and candles but paper crafting is what you will find me doing when I am in my craft room these days. I am so excited to be sharing my projects with you!!
I grew up in the Plymouth/Canton area, moved to California in my early 20s and about 6 years ago I came back to the Plymouth/Canton area. I work about a mile from my home.
If I am not working on a project I am with my nieces. They are 6 and 4 years old. You will see a lot of them in my layouts.
I do long to go back to California but that won’t be happening anytime soon, I couldn’t possibly be that far away from the girls. I do travel back at least 3 times a year to visit my dearest friend, boy do we have fun! He was one of the first friends I made when I moved to Los Angeles and we have been besties ever since.
1. When I was a kid (before I graduated from high school) I wanted to be a dental hygienist. Now I can’t even imagine putting my hands in peoples mouths…
2. My first job when I moved to Los Angeles was with a travel agency and we sold vacation packages to central America. I was lucky enough to get to travel to the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador.
3. In junior high and high school I was in the marching band, flute and saxophone mostly but I also tried piccolo, oboe, drums and flag.
4. I get really nervous when speaking in front of groups of people even if I know them, my face turns beet red and I speak REALLY fast.
5. I have been told bunches of times I laugh like Betty Rubble. ;)
Well, that’s it in a nutshell… check back to read more about the other members of the team and see what we are up to with all the new product arriving daily at Scrappy Chic!