Sunday, June 5, 2011

Finally!!!

After months of cold and snow and wind and rain, we finally had a lovely weekend, didn't we? I was so excited to finally have a chance to take my bicycle out for a ride. And doesn't it figure....I got a major sunburn! Well, what can you do when your neck, arms, and legs are bright red? Ah, scrapbook of course! I headed off to my scrapbook room to finally work with the new My Minds Eye line, "American Made". It's a patriotic red, white and blue line perfect for your 4th of July holiday pages. But it's also great for lots of other pics as well. The pinwheel paper motivated me to finally try making some of those adorable pinwheel embellishments. OMG, they're SO easy. Just cut a 3" square of double sided paper. Mark the center and then cut a slit from each corner to 1/2" from the center. Place a glue dot in the center and gently fold one point from each side into the center and press it down into the glue dot. Cover with a button and viola! You have the most adorable little pinwheels ever! Quick. Easy! Cute! That was so much fun that I decided to finally pull out my new Tim Holtz paper rosette die and give it a try. If you haven't bought one of these dies, you have to check them out! They come in several sizes and are the easiest way I've found to make rosette embellishments. I thought they really added a lot to my simple page. What do you think? Summer is finally here. Enjoy it, be sure to take lots of photos of the great memories you create, and don't forget your sunscreen!

2 comments:

Liz Michaud said...

Great Job Fawn! I like you got a sunburn too - but thats what happends to red-heads like us :) Love your pinwheels... I will have to give them a try!

Tina Johnson said...

This is such a great idea to do with the kids. Simple and yet they really add a lot of value to the layout. Great inspiration! thanks!