Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One Fine Day...With Bazzill

Hi there! This is Tina joining you with a nice cup of warm chai tea. I’m so excited to be a part of the 2011 Scrappy Chic design team and happy to share my very first design team layout with you.

Being the newbie to the group is a little intimidating but I’ve already been enjoying all of the talented ladies that are veterans and cannot wait to see what they come up with next. I just love the creative process, and I am constantly getting inspiration from my surroundings including the Scrappy Chic gallery. If you haven’t checked out the gallery lately, take a look and see for yourself. There’s tons of inspiration in there and more being added all the time.

I have to admit that I find it difficult to justify using only one picture on a layout, but I love this picture of my daughter so much that I had to keep it as the focus. Sometimes I just want to scrap as many pictures as possible, which is great to get a lot accomplished, but then I like to change it up a bit and do a few pages of just one or two select photos. So here's giving you all permission to just scrap one or two photos and use a lot of embellishments. It's so much fun!

This layout is a peek at my take on the newest Bazzill embossed cardstock. I really love how versatile it is. This started out as white cardstock and I could not wait to add some color to it. David Bromstad is always an inspiration for changing anything from white to colorful! I jumped right in and started painting. I decided to start out simple and use my good 'ol creamy brown cats eye chalk. This instantly changed the look of it and brought out the flourishes. Once I got up the nerve, then I started to add some paint. Some areas went on heavier than I would have liked, but I just went with it. There’s no mistakes when you’re creating, right? I went over the embossed designs with stickles which really made it pop. Then I cut out the middle square to create a window for my photo. It's hard to see in the photos, but I rolled the sides with a pencil to give it some curl and chalked it up a bit more. I chose a patterned paper that spoke to me which is from Kaiser Craft (English Rose) and used that both to back my photo as well as used the solid green side to make a handmade accordian flower as well as my title “1 Fine Day”. I also painted up the petaloo flowers which come in all sorts of sizes. I just love the new making memories butterflies too. They actually come 60 in a pack!! I had to break out the sewing machine just to sew a few stitches on those cuties. They are so whimsical and I love the graphic patterns on each of them. Oh and speaking of inspiration, can you guess what kind of stamp I used for the polka dots on my letters and flower? An Imaginisce Monkey stamp! He is juggling a bunch of balls and of course I cannot resist polka dots so I just inked and stamped only the dots. Easy peasy. Other Monkey Stamp projects coming to the gallery soon.

It sure has been “One Fine Day”! Here’s to getting those pictures down on paper and enjoy the process. I hope to see you in the aisles or the crop room at Scrappy Chic very soon. Happy scrapping!

2 comments:

Liz Michaud said...

So beautiful! Love all the different techniques you used here. Great inspiration :)

Chris Nicholson said...

You have to see this layout in person to really do it justice... even better in 3D. :)