Thursday, February 24, 2011

3 Bugs In a Rug - Texture

Hi there! Its Liz from the Design Team here today to share my latest layout!

This month I got some great paper from 3 Bugs in a Rug. The color combo is great - I love anything with orange and blue together. This line has some great papers and cute banner stickers but not many other embellishments - for me I love texture and depth.

My solution was to create it myself! The quilted paper I used for the background comes as one sheet. I used it to cut out the blocks and raise some of them up with pop dots. I also inked the edges to give it more depth.

I created my picture/journal area and added larger pop dots to that and placed it over the other squares - kinda hard to explain but I hope you can see it in the pictures. Last, I had cut a few stars to add to the side and used my white pen to add fake stitching around the edges.

Since I had a bunch of scraps left over from my project I figured I would make a quick card while I was at it! The banner and papers are from the same line, the card is 6x6 cut from a sheet of Bo Bunny double dot paper.
(Other products used - Kaiser Craft stamps, Cosmo Cricket letter stickers and misc buttons)

Be sure to stop by the store and check out all the great new products that have come in! I have my eye on lots of the new Prima - Heading there tonight to score some for myself :)

2 comments:

Angela said...

Great layout (of course), and I love the card! Very manly -- or boyish, depending on the recipient :)

Unknown said...

Looks great!! Thanks again for picking up my stuff for me:)