Thursday, July 5, 2012

In honor of the Freedom Grab...

...I have two projects featuring freedom-themed papers!

Hey there, Angela from the Design Team here - and I had a quandary this month. What to do with patriotic papers when you don't have any particularly patriotic photos laying around? Well, I've never been one to let a theme boss me around, so here's what I did.

First, I looked for an accent to tie together the colors of the line (We R Memory Keeper's lovely Red White and Blue line) with a new color -- in this case, it was sticker featuring a golden yellow. I ran with my new color scheme and came up with this layout:

other supplies: October Afternoon, Basic Grey, American Crafts stickers; Maya Rd pins, Smash clip, Studio Calico veneers and Mister Huey's.

Now I have a festive layout that just happens to be about a dog rather than a holiday :). But I couldn't let all that patriotic beauty go to waste, so I whipped up a little decor piece with my leftovers:

other supplies: Maya Rd. tins and twine, LilyBee and AC alphas, Ranger paint and crackle medium, die-cutting machine.

Now that's more Independence-Day friendly! If you'd like more photos and details about the how-to on either project, head over to my blog, the Paper Cupboard.

And don't forget -- today is the Freedom Grab from 10-12 and 5-7 -- will I see you there? Hope so!

No comments: