Monday, March 12, 2012

Phew!

This was one busy weekend!  I was so happy to hear we had a big crowd, including several from out of town.  We had products in boxes out on tables so our customers could look through them before they went on the shelf.  This week our plan is to get the products out before this week's wave rolls in (yes, there's always more).  Here's what is out for purchase (on the shelf or on the table)...

Bazzill has new paper collections that are gorgeous!  Wayfarer, Vintage Marketplace (from Margie Romney-Aslett) and Dino-Mite include papers and embellishments (even washi tape).  New products from Tim Holtz arrived!  We have several of his new Idea-Ology items, as well as his new book and the Paper Valise.  More KaiserCraft came in - Technologic (robots and gears) and Tigerlilly are both great.  Fancy Pants' new collections, Childhood and Be You, are also in stock.  Plus, Basic Grey arrived!  Their most recent lines, Konnichiwa and Plumeria, are in stock and gorgeous.  We have new products from Queen & Co.  There is a series of great papers in the basics, as well as a variety of washi tapes and twine spools.  Simple Stories is also here, and there are three new lines - Documented (neutrals), Fabulous (girl line) and Awesome (boy line that really is awesome).  Cosmo Cricket's latest lines are here, too.  The four lines include Evangeline, Baby Jane, Twenty-Three (my favorite) and Tea for Two.  There is also washi tape to coordinate with these lines.

Phew!  There are still more boxes to get into our computers, but we're working quickly and putting in extra hours.  Stay tuned for more updates!


 

4 comments:

janine said...

I was at the store on Saturday and it was crazy busy!! You have so many beautiful paper lines in the store---LOVE the new Prima collections ( could just faint over them). There were quite a few people checking out the new Prima lines, it was nearly impossible to get close to them. This pretty much could be said for the whole store on Saturday---everywhere I went in the store had gobs of shoppers =) Hey...are you going to be getting the Donna Salazar Mixed Media Inks (or did I miss it somewhere in the store)?? And are more Distress Markers coming in??

Chris Nicholson said...

I have been going back & forth about the inks. I tried finding out what was different about them, but haven't seen much other than the difference in colors. Your thoughts on them?

Chris Nicholson said...

Oh, and yes - more distress markers are on the way. Could be as early as next week.

janine said...

I'm not sure if you saw Donna Salazar's video on the inks but one of the things that I like about them the most is that they are a water based ink and the color selection would be nice to use in coordination with the Distress Inks---or at least I think they would work since they are water based. As much as I love Tim's Distress line--seriously I could have put a nice down payment on a vacation home with what I've invested in the Distress line---but I like the colors of Donna's inks and it would (most likely) work really well with what I have from the Distress line. I can understand, however, on being hesitant on bringing the inks in as Tim's line does so well. Most people might walk right by the Mixed Media inks unless they knew a little about them. But, the appeal for me with Donna's line are the colors not found in the Distress line and that the inks are water based. Thanks for the update on the Distress Markers!! I need to make my list of what colors I still need and get into the store this week. I'm taking Tim's class online and one of the classes this week is going to be on the markers! =) What a fun class this has been so far!!